When you try to justify your racism by telling me that your PoC friend (who just happens to not be here right now) said it was okay for you to say something racist, it tells me that you reflect three or more things from the following list…
- Your “Friend” is nothing more than a place holder that you keep in your back pocket because you are fully aware that you are a racist.
- Your “Friend” (if they actually exist) is likely only your friend because they fulfill this role and you’ve searched high and low for the exact right dummy…er…PoC that would actually give you the okay.
- Your “Friend” has no idea that you use them as your Brown Card.
- Your “Friend” is made up and you are so racist that you literally had to manufacture an imaginary friend to make yourself sound almost human.
- You are operating under the false impression that your “Friend” speaks for everyone within their race.
- You are operating under the false impression that even if your “Friend” did say it was okay, your use of a racial slur suddenly makes you “Not racist.”
- You are a racist.
- You are an asshole.
- You are a racist asshole.
- You believe that because your “Friend” didn’t say anything when you made this disgusting comment in front of them, it meant that they were “Okay” with it.
**Anyone who uses their “Friend” to justify their racist actions is automatically numbers 7, 8 & 9. It is up to you to figure out what other numbers your ignorance complies with.