Today's lesson, Racism. If you see something written here that you’ve said or done, use it as an opportunity. Take it as a wake up call and make the decision to grow, change and be conscious of your own privilege. Remember, I am not a speaker for the entirety of a people. Use this blog as a reference tool, not as the one and only view on the topic.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
A blogger is looking for help for a film analysis assignment for a history class. Their paper is on the Movie, Malcolm X.
Here’s what they’re looking for:
Do you have any suggestions?
I’m attempting to Pinterest…er…to pin? Anyway, check out the RacismSchool Pinterest!
I haven’t really used this site before so I’m pretty much just playing right now. I’ll figure it out by January when I start posting regularly again.
If any of you use Pinterest, do you have any suggestions for making the RS page worthwhile? Any general suggestions for using Pinterest?
I just wrote the longest post I’ve ever written and Tumblr ate it. I’m not rewriting it. It’s probably for the best because it was just emotion in word form.
I’ve just reblogged a few posts that have correct donation options. If you can give, please do. I’ve removed my donate link from this post and this post as well as my page. Please try to funnel as much money as possible toward the places already collecting (and verified) instead of donating to individuals.
Also keep an eye on the @attorneycrump Twitter account. It’s the account of the Brown Family Attorney, Benjamin L Crump.
I won’t be updating again until January.
I’m tired. This is painful. Emotionally, mentally and physically.
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
a cop just threatened to shoot the livestream operator in the face please continue to boost the stream links all over so that these journalists life and death efforts reach as many people as possible